Certificate in Counselling – NOW ENROLLING FOR 2020 and 2021!
The Certificate in Counselling course is a 60 hour introductory course designed to equip people with basic skills and an understanding of some of the theories underlying counselling.
Our Certificate course is a “first step” for people who might be interested in progressing to a Diploma level training in Counselling. Please note that not all training venues will accept this course as the pre-requisite, so a good tip is to check this out first.
The course is particularly suitable for:
- people who wish to enhance their people skills in their current work,
- people who wish to develop their understanding of counselling processes and what they may offer for their personal or professional growth
- people who are thinking of going into professional training in counselling and psychotherapy.
The following dates are planned (each training day is from 09.30 to 16.30 with a lunch hour):
- 10 consecutive Mondays from 27 July to 28 September 2020
- 10 consecutive Mondays from 19 October to 21 December 2020
- 10 consecutive Mondays from 25 January to 29 March 2021
- 10 Mondays: 10 May to 24 May and 7 June to 19 July 2021
Cost: £599 including VAT for the course
The course content includes:
- An overview of major theories of counselling and psychotherapy.
- Boundaries and ethics.
- Basic skills of attending, listening and questioning.
- Human development over time.
- Maintaining and developing helping relationships.
- Managing successful endings.
The course is a combination of teaching exercises and practicing and observing skills with each other.
To gain the Certificate, students must actively participate on the course and complete a learning journal, reporting what has been taught and their personal response to the experience. Feedback will be given on the best ways to fulfil this requirement and additional advice and support given for those students who have limited experience in completing written work. In the event that students cannot attend any specific module, tutors may require that the student reads a particular passage or complete a task that relates to the content of the module.
If attendance is below 90% a Certificate will not be awarded.
Please note students wishing to go on to train as professional counsellors or psychotherapists will be given tutors’ opinion as to their suitability for further training. Certificate students will be interviewed for those courses by other tutors but completing the Certificate course is not a guarantee of acceptance on other courses.
+44 (0) 1892 655195
Joanna Beazley Richards MSC, TSTA, C.Psychol, UKCP Reg.
John Baxendale, MSc, PTSTA, CTA, UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, BACP Accredited Counsellor, Adv.Dip.FCP
Amy Brown, BSc, Dip Couns.
Send us your details and your enquiry and we will contact you as soon as possible.